Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lucas the Menace

Do you see the resemblance? Don't let those dimples fool you...


Maybe this will help. Lets see if you can see the resemblance now...



Ahah! You do!! Hot pink fingernail polish ALL over the bathroom. And this was round one. Between taking this picture and cleaning it up he found another shade of pink and filled in the rest of the white that he had missed before. I was over pictures by then.
I'm not quite sure what to do with this child. None of my other children did stuff like this. Not even the twins. I was not like this as a child. I was pretty well-behaved and mild mannered. I'm not sure about Wade but I honestly can't imagine him putting forth this much effort to mess something up. Where does he get it?????? This is seriously EVERY day at our house. Sometimes its kind of funny. Other times...not so much.
So I'm sure you have a lot of questions for me. I'll do my best at trying to answer them.
Q: Where did he get the fingernail polish?
A: We have 3 little Divas in our house...go figure.
Q: Did you get it off?
A: Yes, mostly.
Q: How did you get it off?
A: Fortunately, we happened to have a gallon of acetone in our garage.
Q:How long did it take you to get it off?
A: Oh, about 4 hours on and off.
Q: Did he get punished?
A: Abso-freaking-lutely!! (although I don't how much it helped)
Q: Were you sooooo mad??
A: Initially, yes. But, after being in a room with a gallon of acetone I wasn't feeling it as much.



7 comments:

  1. Malia is totally the same way. In fact, I don't know if you saw a post I did a couple of months ago, but I matched each family member up with a celebrity and Malia's was Curious George. She is just so curious and it drives me crazy. You'd think it would be my boy, but Easton is nothing like this! I sometimes wonder how we will survive her childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...i could see josiah doing that...oh i hope he doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's just put Lucas and Cameron in a padded room for a year or two! Hopefully by then they will have grown out of this phase...right?! :) Oh the joys of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was priceless to read!! Thanks for the share!! I can remember my younger kid days so well, now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH GOSH! You've got more patience than me. . . you took a picture. I would have LOST it. I have thought about calling you for the last week, but have been feeling a bit under the weather. I decided to sleep instead. . every morning. Lazy me! I'm glad that I wasn't ON the phone with you when this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing he and Cougar don't live close together - it could be trouble. I got out of the shower a week ago Sunday (while Steve was at meetings) to find pink fingernail polish on his good khaki shorts, his body, and my couch. Not quite as bad as the entire toilet, mind you, but bad, nonetheless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kari, unfortunately Lucas has done that one too! Only it was when we were headed out the door for church. ALL over his Khaki pants and feet. I threw away the pants and it took us forever to get it off of his feet!

    ReplyDelete