Thursday, May 14, 2009

Field Day 2009























At our Elementary School every year in May we have Field Day. I didn't have this at my school when I was a kid so its so entertaining to go watch my kids participate. We take a picnic and enjoy the day.

This year since I have 4 kids at the same school, their Field days were on different days so it was more like "Field Week" for us.
The first day was Macy's Field Day. After watching for the past 5 years she was so excited to get her turn! And she did great!
Gage's day was the next day. He is so competitive so Field Day is right up his ally. He had fun with all of his friends. Especially the sponge squeeze. I loved watching those little girls squeeze sponges full of water on his head.

Riley and Tyler had a special Field day since it is their last year in elementary school. They got to have an obstacle course and a MUD SLIDE! Tyler doesn't mind getting a little dirty. She loves sports and playing outside.And it seemed as though her teacher didn't mind soaking her down with the water hose either. Sports, outside and mud aren't exactly Riley's cup of tea. She would much rather be under a blanket with a good book. She tried her hardest to get out of getting in the mud but at the last minute her friend grabbed her foot and dragged her back in. She was covered! They were both good sports though!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like they had fun. My kids love field day. But they all do it in one day. ALL day. I love the pic of Maci's bouncing braids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds and looks so fun! I hope they do something fun like that here for my kids when they get into elementary school age... if not, we'll move back to Memphis! ;)

    How are you?! I need to call you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a blog now! I can't wait to hear more of what's going on in yours and your family's lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH gosh! I LOVE that picture of Macey!

    ReplyDelete