Monday, June 22, 2009

The Part-ay!!

About a year or so ago, Macy checked out some Fancy Nancy books from the library. She fell in love with that fancy little girl. Probably because they are so much a like. Macy has always loved everything fancy. She loves to play dress up and she loves anything PINK ! She decided months ago that she wanted a Fancy Nancy Tea party for her Birthday.


So, that's what we did. It was so much fun to plan! My sister found Fancy Nancy invitations at Target on clearance. I found exactly what I needed at Goodwill in one trip (that is totally luck). I found a china tea cup and saucer for each girl (.49 ea). They were all different but it added character. We served pink lemonade in them. I also found long stemmed parfait glasses(also .49 ea) for everybody. We had parfaits (fancy ice cream sundaes). I made cupcakes with white icing that I sprayed pink and purple with icing spray(sooo cool). I already had a cupcake stand which made it really cute. I made little triangle sandwiches with fancy toothpicks in each one (with the crust cut off of course). Also cheese cubes with toothpicks in them and a little plate with fancy chocolate chip cookies( a must according to Macy).

I hung tulle strips and curly ribbon from our chandelier over the table. I bought pink and purple table cloths, napkins, plates, forks and spoons all from Walmart really cheap. We tied purple ribbon in a bow around each pink napkin to make them a little more fancy.


I bought 3 plastic white table cloths from the Dollar store and cut them to fit over each chair as chair covers. I took some of the tulle that I bought and tied a big bow around each chair with a plastic flower in the middle(also from the dollar store). The left over flowers were put in a vase on the table along with pink rose petals and white doilies I picked up from the dollar store.


I had 2 stations set up and made my twins help with them. Tyler was in charge of the "Fancy station". She painted their nails, gave them lip gloss, and shimmer powder. I had them each a crown and a boa. The boas were from Hobby Lobby and were really long so I cut them in half to make them shorter for the little girls and help cut costs as well. She also let them pick sticker earrings. The other station was a craft. I picked up pink hand mirrors from the Dollar Store and some jewel stickers and Riley helped the girls make them fancy. They turned out cute!



For party favors I got most everything from the Dollar store. I found candy jewelry, ring pops, necklaces, and even little plumes(fancy pens with feathers on the end). They also got to take home their boas, crowns, and tea cups and saucers.


Macy had so much fun and the other girls seemed to as well. I had fun decorating and planning myself! Now I can start planning the next party...the twins birthday in July!




5 comments:

  1. You did a great job. It looks like it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this turned out SOOOO cute! Paige would have loved to be "fancy" with all of you! Happy Birthday Macy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!! Thanks for all the fun details! Where did you get the icing spray? Walmart? Such a fun party idea, and it looks like it was a hit! I look forward to the twins party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! I tried to introduce Kaelin to Fancy Nancy and she turned her nose up at the books, then she saw the doll and all the stuff at the store and was like "Mom, who is that!" I might have been a little smug when I explained who it was, but now we have to get soem books from the library

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is that!!! Way to go Tommie Girly - you did a great job!!! It turned out SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete