Tuesday, September 22, 2009

got junk?

This is the back of my SUV from 2 different angles. A lot of stuff! And all stuff that I got rid of...well, mostly. I am a member of an organization for parents of multiples. I joined shortly after the twins were born. It was helpful to have a support group during the early days of being a mom of twins. I have been involved with this club in many different capacities including president, vice president and for the last few years as part of the Clothing Sale committee. We call this sale the "Everything for Kids Sale". And that is truly what it is. EVERYTHING for kids. We hold these sales twice a year in the spring and the fall. The proceeds support the club's events and meeting throughout the year.

Every spring and Fall I clean out our closets, dressers and toy boxes and get rid of our outgrown things. I spend hours washing, ironing, tagging, and pricing each item and then even more hours helping at the sale itself. It's a ton of fun but also a TON of work.


I sell quite a bit of things. Of course, I buy quite a bit too. My goal is always to sell as much as I buy. That way you could say that I clothe my kiddos for FREE. Free=awesome!

This is what the sale looks like right before we open. Its a huge room so I had to take multiple pictures to get most of it in.


I have never seen so many double and triple strollers in my life! We sell a lot of baby equipment.


This is our small toy area. I didn't get a shot of the larger one. (I try not to bring home too many toys)




This year my twins got to come up and help all day on Saturday. They loved and and I'm sure will want to help again. We had so much fun together and it was good for them to see all of the hard work that goes into this event.



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this sale...thanks for being so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also try to spend what I make, sometimes it works sometimes it does not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you got some good stuff! I need to have a sale. My garage is overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tommie Girl!! MAN - I miss this sale! Actually all the consignment sales in TN!! How do these mothers of 'multiples' do it out west?!?! I miss you too!! How the heck are ya?? Is it getting cooler in Memphis? It's finally cooling a bit here, which is very exciting! Hope you're doing well! Sure love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have gone to it!!! Hope you made lots of money!!!

    ReplyDelete